This is a really terrific recipe but very high in calories. So be warned! It is directly from Chef John, from the site ALL RECIPES
Chef John’s Peanut Curry Chicken
1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
3 1/2 cups chicken broth, or to taste
3/4 cup unsweetened natural peanut butter
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1 pound zucchini, cut into chunks
1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
1 green poblano pepper, diced
2 cups hot cooked rice
1 lime, for garnish
1/2 cup roasted peanuts, plus more for garnish
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Mix salt, coriander, cumin, turmeric, paprika, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl.
- Place chicken pieces in a separate bowl and add 1/2 of the spice blend. Mix together thoroughly to coat each surface with spice blend.
- Heat oil over high heat in a heavy pot. Brown half of the chicken pieces on all sides. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium and add onion to pot. Saute until onions start to turn translucent and golden, 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger; cook about 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining spice blend; cook and stir one minute.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Add browned chicken along with accumulated juices.
- Stir in peanut butter and ketchup; add brown sugar.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to maintain a gentle, steady simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer zucchini, red bell pepper, poblano pepper, and peanuts to the pot.
- Stir to mix. Continue simmering until chicken and vegetables are fork tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve over rice with a squeeze of lime and a sprinkle of peanuts and chopped cilantro.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2016 Allrecipes.com
Printed From Allrecipes.com 7/16/2016