I tried this recipe from ALL RECIPES and loved it! The family loved it too! I know you will as well. The crumbly brown sugar topping just makes it amazing. Enjoy!
Polish Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- · 1 cup white sugar
- · 1/2 cup butter
- · 1 egg
- · 1 cup sour cream
- · 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- · 3 cups all-purpose flour
- · 1 teaspoon baking soda
- · 1 teaspoon baking powder
- · 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- · 1/2 cup white sugar
- · 1 egg
- · Topping:
- · 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- · 1/2 cup brown sugar
- · 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- · 1/3 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Beat 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup butter, and 1 egg in a bowl until smooth. Add sour cream and vanilla extract; mix well. Stir in 3 cups flour, baking soda, and baking powder until mixture comes together in a sticky dough. Spread half the dough evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup white sugar, and 1 egg in another bowl until smooth. Spoon mixture into baking dish over dough. Drop remaining half of dough by spoonfuls over cream cheese mixture.
- Mix pecans, brown sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and 1/3 cup butter in a bowl until mixture resembles a coarse crumble; sprinkle over dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.