It has been a very long summer and I look longingly at my fall and winter clothes. Thank goodness I can wear some of them now! East coast travel is looking like lots of fun!
Spent a few days in Charleston – what fabulous restaurants and fun for a girlfriends weekend!
And now back to reality – some super easy slow cooker dinners – enjoy!
Slow Cooker Stew of Chicken
3 lb bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup salsa
2 tsp minced garlic
6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
2 (15-oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 (12-oz) jar roasted red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Tortilla chips, rice, and lime wedges, for garnish
1. Sprinkle chicken with 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp black pepper. In a skillet, brown chicken in oil for about 10 minutes.
2. Remove chicken to a platter. In a small bowl, stir together paprika, broth, salsa, garlic, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper.
3. Line a large slow cooker with potatoes. Place chicken on top of potatoes. Cover with beans and top with broth mixture. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
4. Stir in bell peppers.
5. Leave to heat through for about 30 minutes.
6. Place chicken on platter and spoon potatoes and sauce over it. Sprinkle with cilantro. Add garnishes.