My good friend Ilene made this last week when we had dinner at her home – and it was so good that I had to have it to share with you! Here it is!
Creamy Peanut Butter Pie
- 8 ounces of peanut butter sandwich cookies such as Nutter Butters
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 Cup of creamy peanut butter
- 4 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp of confectioner’s sugar
- 1 3/4 cups of heavy cream
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of salted roasted peanuts coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees
- In a food processor pulse the cookies with the 1/4 tsp of salt until finely ground.
- Scrape the cookies into a 9 inch pie plate
- Stir in the melted butter, 1/2 tbsp at a time until the crumbs are the texture of wet sand; you may not need to use all the butter.
- Using your fingers press the crumbs evenly over the bottom and up the side of the pie plate. Freeze the crust for 15 minutes.
- Bake the crust for about 10 minutes until light golden. Let cool on a rack
- In a medium bowl combine the peanut butter with the cream cheese, 1/2 cup of sugar and a 1/4 tsp of salt and mix until thoroughly blended. In another bowl whip 3.4 cup of the heavy cream until stiff. Whisk the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Spread the peanut butter filling in the crust in an even layer.
- Refrigerate until chilled about 30 minutes.
- Using the same whipped cream bowl, whip the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream and 2 tbsp of sugar with the vanilla until stiff. Spread the whipped cream over the pie. Sprinkle the pie with the chopped peanuts, cut into slices and serve.
- You can prepare the pit through the refrigeration step 8 on the day before – and keep in the fridge overnight!
Tasting is SUCH fun! Here is Jonah enjoying the process!