Ants have been eating our doggie’s food from his dish – and crawling all over it the moment we put it down. We tried this home remedy and it worked! We sprinkled cinnamon all over the ground under the dish – and viola! NO MORE ANTS! Seems like the little critters hate cinnamon! Who knew?
So I am trying out a new recipe tonight – Apricot Chicken. It is outstanding and I will be using it again. Made a bunch of additions that really made the difference!
Apricot Chicken in the Oven for 2
- 2 Chicken breasts or 4 chicken thighs cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup of apricot jam ( I used our home made jam)
- 1 cup of French dressing ( I used a shop bought oil and vinegar combination)
- 1 packet of Dried Onion Soup Mix ( sooo useful that I have a bunch in the pantry all the time!)
- 1/2 cup of almonds – whole and sauteed quickly in a skillet with olive oil
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Cup of dried apricots
- Steamed or fried rice
- Juice of one lime – half per person
- Seasoning as preferred – salt and pepper
- Sprig of cilantro for garnish
- Mix all ingredients except apricots, chicken and almonds in a bowl.
- Place chicken pieces into a shallow casserole
- Dot the apricots in between the chicken pieces
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Pour the mixture over the chicken pieces and season to taste
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until the chicken is done and the top pieces have caramelized a bit
- For serving sprinkle the sauteed almonds over each serving
- Squeeze a healthy squeeze of lime on top of the chicken and place the lime half on the plate if desired
- Decorate with a cilantro sprig and serve over fried ( or steamed) rice