We do grow our own apples -and if you don’t, there are so many different kinds now available in your supermarket, that you can choose whichever are most prevalent and cost effective. This is easy to make and great when cooking with kids.
- 1 cup Canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3 cups diced apples
- 1 cup chopped almonds or pecans or brazil nuts – whatever you prefer
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cloves ( this is optional since some folks don’t like the taste of cloves – I am one of them)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch by 13-inch pan or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine oil, eggs and sugar. Mix well.
- Sift together flour and spices.
- Add to other mixture and beat well.
- Add apples, vanilla, raisins and nuts. Blend well.
Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes until it tests done with a toothpick.
Here are two of the grandkids helping – lots of mess – but who cares!!