Enjoy making it while you listen to a wonderful opera titbit – the late incomparable Pavarotti singing Nessun Dorma – oh what a voice he had – superb. The last two notes give me goosebumps every single time I hear them……
Little Farm Apple Cobbler
My family likes the topping more than the apples – why not? That is where all the yummy parts are ( albeit not the healthy parts!). So my cobbler has LOTS of topping compared to other cobblers. If it is too much for you – just cut the Bisquick to 1 cup not 2 and the sugar to 1/3 cup not 2/3 and the butter to 3 Tbsps not 6. ENJOY!
- 8 tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup Bisquick baking mix ( I use the low fat one – yes I know it’s silly due to all the butter I am adding but I reckon that every little bit saved, helps!)
Then for the topping:
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss the apples in a large bowl with the cinnamon, and put into a baking dish.
- Combine milk, softened butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and the 1/2 cup Bisquik.
- Spoon over apples and mix well.
- Combine 2 cups Bisquik and all the brown sugar. Cut the cold butter into mixture until crumbly. Sprinkle this mixture over the top of the apple mixture.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until browning on top.