Grilled Sirloin in Bourbon Marinade Recipe
I must confess that I love meat – and so do most of our family. We like marinading meat as well as bbq’s ( who doesn’t?). This is a good recipe for any kind of steak. And a picture attributed to photographer Buby of USA. Thanks for the great shot!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup bourbon (like Jim Beam Bourbon Whiskey)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 1/2 lbs sirloin steaks (2 1-inch thick steaks)
- Prepare marinade ingredients: Pour water, bourbon, soy sauce, honey, dry mustard, and garlic powder into a large zip top bag. Seal bag and lay flat on the counter. Massage the bag with your fingers to dissolve any mustard and garlic powder granules and mix the ingredients.
- Add steak to the bag. Refrigerate overnight, or for at least six hours, turning occasionally.
- Place bag on counter about an hour before grilling. Turn after 30 minutes. Remove steak and discard marinade.
- For 1″ steaks, grill about 10 minutes per side, or until about 140-145 degrees. Remove from grill, and cover steaks for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Can serve as steaks, or slice thinly across the grain before serving.