This is a dish that I always make in winter but I had about 6 croissants left over from a lunch party and so I decided to use them to make this standard English dessert much richer and more delicious! Here is the recipe:
Croissant Bread and Butter Pudding
- 6 large croissants
- 3 eggs
- 31/2 cups of milk
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Divide the croissants, the raisins and the butter into three
- Tear the croissants into bite sized pieces and layer them in a buttered casserole dish placing little dabs of butter onto the top of the layer, as well as raisins until you have three layers.
- Mix the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt together until well combined
- Pour over the croissant mixture
- Put into the fridge for 30 minutes so that the milk soaks through the mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes