We LOVE butternut squash soup but I tried something different this season and it worked out really well! Hope you like it!
- 2 lbs of butternut squash cut in half
- 4 Tbsp of olive oil
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 2 pints of Better than Bouillon Vegetable stock ( for vegetarian) or Chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp of chopped chives
- 4 Tbsp of Non Fat Plain Yogurt
- Cut the squash in half and place into a roasting pan
- Drizzle 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil over the squash and then place a rosemary sprig onto each one
- Roast at 400 Degrees C until soft and slightly caramelized – remove the rosemary and discard and skin and seed the squash preserving the flesh of the vegetable.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and saute first the garlic and then the onion until translucent.
- Add the squash, stock and seasoning to taste.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for about 10 minutes
- Puree in a blender or Cuisinart and test for seasoning again ( salt particularly)
- Serve in bowls with a dollop of yogurt with chives sprinkled over. YUM! Buttternut