Post holiday weekend – and all that sugar fat and yummy stuff — sigh – today is back to watching what I put in my mouth day – and here is a truly fabulous low calorie carrot salad. One of the best things about it is that you have to do a LOT of chewing – so it takes longer to eat and so one gets fuller sooner! And the cucumber soup is refreshing and cool and also low calorie.
- 8 small Persian cucumbers or two large English ones cleaned, chopped but not peeled
- 1/4 cup of chopped sweet onion ( I used red onion my favorite)
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 cup of vegetable or chicken stock ( depends on whether you want it vegetarian or not)
- 1 cup of Fage 0% Fat yogurt
- 1 cup of non fat Sour Cream
- Dill plus thin slices of cucumber for garnish
Blend first four ingredients in a blender then add the yogurt and cream and blend again – add more stock for desired consistency – cool in the fridge for a few hours -and serve. It is that easy!
- 6 large carrots peeled and cleaned and then grated
- 2 tbsp of yellow raisins
- 1/2 cup of non fat sour cream
- 1/8 cup of balsalmic vinegar
- 1 small packet of stevia or splenda or 1 tbsp of sugar ( if you do not mind the calories and prefer rather than using the chemicals in the artificial sweetener)
Mix the carrots and raisins. Mix the cream vinegar and sugar separately – then mix all together. Cool in the fridge and serve. YUM!