This was a fast easy meal as long as you have all the ingredients – which I did!
Chicken Breast Cutlets with Artichokes and Capers
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 2 pounds chicken breast tenders
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (12 ounce) jar quartered marinated artichoke hearts, with liquid
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour and shake off excess.
- Heat canola oil and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until golden brown on both sides, and no longer pink on the inside; set aside. Do NOT OVER COOK – I did and chicken tenders ( which are basically sliced chicken breast) toughens up REALLY fast.
- Pour in chicken broth and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer, scraping the bottom of the pan to dissolve the caramelized bits. Add artichoke hearts and capers, return to a simmer, and cook until reduced by half or even less than half
- Place cooked chicken back into pan, and simmer in the sauce for a few minutes to reheat. Serve on a platter sprinkled with chopped fresh parsley.