I love Chicken Nuggets but they are always deep fried. Here is a great tip from a Food Channel Show called Calorie Commando.
Chicken Nuggets – Low Cal and Delicious:
- 3 Chicken breasts skinless and boneless cut into bite sized pieces ( you could use thighs if you prefer)
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs ( Panko is best)
- Salt, thyme, and pepper to taste ( we use kosher salt sparingly as it is stronger, and fresh herbs chopped)
- 1 cup of milk with 1 tbsp of vinegar added ( this will make it into buttermilk)
- Oil Spray ( we use Pam)
- Place the chicken pieces into the milk/vinegar mixture and let sit in the fridge while you chop the herbs and mix them with the salt and pepper and Panko breadcrumbs.
- Then take the pieces out of the liquid and coat well with the crumb mixture.
- Spray the coated pieces with oil spray and place them on a cookie sheet in an oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes then turn on the broiler for the last 5 minutes so that the pieces crisp.
- Enjoy with a yogurt spiced dip ( see recipe below).
Yogurt Spiced Dip
- 1 cup of Non fat unsweetened yogurt ( FAGE is delicious)
- 1/2 English cucumber chopped with skin on
- 6 mint leaves ( fresh)
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper if you like spicy dips ( we don’t!)
Add minced garlic to non fat unsweetened yogurt and add chopped cucumbers and seasonings. Mix well and enjoy!
This week was a big one for the grandsons – the twins started pre-school – amazing! Here they are – soo excited!