Beef Stew in the Slow Cooker
- 4 medium potatoes , cut into quarters (4 cups)
- 2 cups fresh OR frozen whole baby carrots
- 1 stalk celery , cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 medium Italian plum tomato , diced
- 2 1/2 lb. beef bottom round roast or beef chuck pot roast
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell’s® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp. chopped roasted garlic * or 1 tbsp. garlic
- 1 tsp. each dried basil leaves , dried oregano leaves and dried parsley flakes, crushed
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- PLACE potatoes, carrots, celery and tomato in 3 1/2-qt. slow cooker. Season roast with pepper and place on top.
- MIX soup, water, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley and vinegar. Pour over all.
- COVER and cook on LOW 10 to 12 hr. or until done.**
- TIP: For thicker gravy, mix 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup water. Remove roast from cooker. Stir flour mixture into cooker, cover and cook on HIGH about 10 min. or until mixture boils and thickens.
- *To roast garlic, place whole garlic bulb on piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with vegetable oil and wrap. Roast at 350°F. for 45 min. or until soft. Peel and chop garlic.
- **Or on HIGH 5 to 6 hr.
Here is a picture from Campbell Soup’s library – it looks as good as it tastes!