We make cooking this dish into a special event by grilling chicken breast with seasoning and olive oil and then cutting the chicken into small pieces, adding chopped cilantro, a squeeze of lemon juice and wrapping it into a tortilla which we have folded into a packet ( wrap the bottom so that the contents don’t fall out) and there it is ! A meal in a packet! The kids LOVE it and we do this when we go out to restaurants too – order a side of grilled chicken breast with the fixin’s mentioned above.
Try it – it’s healthy and delicious.
- One Chicken Breast per person
- 2 Tblsp Olive oil or to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste ( or use Lawry’s seasoning salt which is delicious)
- Chopped cilantro ( use only the leaves not the stalks)
- Lemon quarters
- Tortillas – I use the flour ones because I prefer them – you could use corn tortillas if you prefer
- Turn on the oven to 400 degrees
- Put a tablespoon of olive oil into a baking dish.
- Place the chicken breasts (lightly seasoned with either salt and pepper or Lawry’s seasoning salt) into the dish. Drizzle another tablespoon of oil over the breasts.
- Let the breasts cook until done -about 30 minutes ( cover them if they are getting dry).
- When cooked, cut the breasts into small bite sized pieces and swirl them around in the sauce.
- Place pieces of chicken onto a flour tortilla, add the chopped cilantro, squeeze a quarter of a lemon ( make sure no pits go into the chicken!) and wrap the tortilla like a package – and serve!
I like to serve this with chopped tomatoes, olives, cucumbers and red onions – all chopped and mixed together with olive oil and lemon juice mixed into the vegetables – delicious!