I love cooking for guests but some days it seems like a chore. That is when I throw together the ‘easy’ meal. Here it is! And the kids can mix the marinade, also place the chicken in the bundt pan ( don’t know why but that seems to make them laugh) and scrub and wrap the potatoes!
Chicken in a BUNDT Pan – you can use a chicken cooker ( which is the same idea – a central column that holds the chicken upright, with a cavity around it).
1 (3 -5 lb) organic chicken, whole
1/4 cup each of soy sauce, lemon juice, honey
2 teaspoons each of sesame oil and dry mustard and minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon each of grated fresh ginger and pepper
1 beer – add a cup at a time
1. Baked Potatoes – One large yam, one large sweet potato and two large Yukon gold potatoes wrapped in foil and placed on the lower rack of the oven under the chicken/pan.
2. Green Salad – whatever greens you have ( spinach, lettuce, cabbage) chop and mix and add dressing ( one part lemon juice to three parts olive oil plus 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese mixed well with salt and pepper to taste).
1. Mix together soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, sesame oil, mustard, ginger, garlic and pepper to make marinade in small bowl. Place chicken in medium bowl and pour marinade over it. Cover; place in refrigerator and marinate for as long as you can bear to do it, turning occasionally to coat all sides.- an hour is best but if I am too rushed to wait, even 30 minutes is fine while you are laying the table, and scrubbing the potatoes to bake in the oven.
2. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Place chicken (Legs Down), on a center stem of the stoneware bundt pan. Pour 1/4 cup beer in pan filling with more as it evaporates if needed.
4. Bake in 350 degree oven roast until chicken is dark-brown about 1 1/2 hours until juices run clear. Rest for 15-20 minutes.
5. Serve with potatoes wrapped in foil and baked in the oven for the same time as the chicken.
And below is our Rottweiler Sunny with eldest grandson Jack. Anyone who thinks that Rottweilers are not child friendly – has not experienced what we have – Sunny is our fifth Rotty and each one has been as loving and good with kids as the one before…he is a dog with the sweetest soul and adores all the grandchildren – adores all people actually!