Here is a very old ( not healthy but yummy) recipe for baked salami that my friend Ilene gave to me. DELICIOUS!!
Baked Salami (Oldie but Goodie)
This is an oldie but goodie recipe, and everyone loves it always. Rarely is there a piece left over. Good Old Fashioned Kosher Salami. (the kind in the package from Hebrew National is what I’m talking about)
*you will want to double recipe for the larger salami shown. Recipe below is for the smaller one.
- 1 Kosher Salami (this is a larger one for a larger crowd)
- 1/2 cup Marmalade ( I like orange) but can be Lemon or Ginger ( I used the one I make at the Little Farm)
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard- I used Maille Dijon Mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Score into Salami, cut into Salami in narrow slices but not completely through to bottom. Just make slices almost to the bottom.
- Mix all ingredients together and spread on Salami, place on a lightly sprayed baking sheet and cook for about 1 – 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve on a plate with sliced pumpernickel or rye bread or crackers. I buy the party pumpernickel bread which is already cut into small pieces and available almost everywhere.