Chicken chicken chicken – yes it can get boring. But this recipe is truly inspirational and easy to make – low cal too and makes me think of summer. Plus when COOKING WITH KIDS, the kids LOVE to make it since tasting is permitted! So you may ask – how come you have peaches and its the fall? Well I FREEZE them in the summer and have them all year around – especially for recipes such as this one. All you need to do is slice peaches, put into ziploc bags and freeze!
What is also very special about this is that it’s QUICK and yummy and you can make it by buying all the ingredients in advance – and its done in 10 minutes! You will have time to listen to grandma music – try the TICKLE ME SONG!
Here are some free range chickens – organic and raised free!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoon peach jam ( I make my own in the summer from our plentiful peaches but you can find all fruit jam in the markets or if you prefer, low sugar ones)
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced (yellow are preferred since they are not as watery)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, quartered and skinned ( organic is our preference and once you take off the skin and the fat that goes with it – you now have a healthy product!)
- 1/2 cup basil leaves (you can grow basil in your backyard, on your patio or in a pot in your kitchen!)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup glazed walnuts, chopped
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, jam, , vinegar, and salt. Add peach slices and gently toss to coat with dressing. The kids love to do this – and as I have mentioned in the past, our grandkids have their own whisks ( given to them by a great and thoughtful friend of mine).
- 2. Arrange chicken on a large platter. Evenly spoon peaches and dressing over chicken. Sprinkle with basil, feta, and walnuts.