Reinventing yourself -Lessons Learned – if you retweet or re-distribute pls link to http://rockingrandmamusic.com/generation-w
I gave this speech at a conference in Jacksonville FLA called Generation W. Here I am with the founder of the conference, former CEO of the WNBA, All American Basketball Star and Entrepreneur, Donna Orender. I am proud to call her my friend. Giving these lessons as part of ‘kid stories’ and life learning that we as grandparents and parents give to our children – how valuable could that be!
12 Lessons for Life
1. You may not have many choices as a child but you have many as an adult – don’t waste them
2. Learn to teach others – it is a life core competency to be able to teach others complicated things in a simple way
3. Live fully every day – put nothing off till tomorrow that you can do today
4. Relationships are everything – life comes in cycles – one day you may be be on an upward trend and on another day, your partner may be be the one on the upward trend – take turns
5. Value the USA if you were born here, immigrated here or live here – show your loyalty to this amazing country and respect those who protect and serve us, and defend and die to protect our freedom
6. Don’t work at something you hate – your body will help you escape it by making you ill in body and soul
7. People in the middle of an organization are the ones who do all the work and really know what’s going on – listen to them and talk to them especially if you are leading them
8. Separate work life from home life and give each it’s full due – which means – be present whichever life you are in at that moment
9. You can learn whatever you set your mind to – there may be a steep learning curve and that’s the excitement of the challenge
10. At some point in your life -generally in your 50’s and 60’s – it all starts to make sense and the extended threads of your life will start coming together
11. Be hopeful – there’s always tomorrow – you never know what wonderful things are around the corner -you can restart your life at 60 or 70 or more- as long as there is life there is hope
12. Give back and pay it forward – that is where the real joy of life lies.