- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- 1 3/4 cups of water
- 1 (14 ounce) can low-fat sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a heavy skillet over medium-low heat, cook and stir sugar until melted and light brown.
- Pour into a 9-inch round baking dish, tilting the dish to coat the bottom completely.In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks and egg whites.
- Stir in water, condensed milk, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Pour into prepared dish.
- Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel.
- Place baking dish on towel, inside roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack.
- Fill roasting pan with boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dish.Bake in preheated oven 1 hour, until center is just set (still a bit jiggly).
- Remove dish to a wire rack to cool for one hour.
- Then refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- To un mold, run a knife around the edge of the pan and invert onto a rimmed serving platter.