What is the Committee of 200? It is the leading Women CEO’s Group in the World. I have been a member for over a decade and am proud to be the incoming Chair of the C200 Foundation and Vice Chair of the Governing board for the next three years as well as a member of the Executive Committee -so much to do – so little time in which to do it!
What do we do at C200? Here it is below.
Success Shared: Fostering, Celebrating and Advancing Women’s Leadership in Business
Exclusive highly networked women business leaders with unsurpassed collective influence, connecting and advancing women for a lifetime of business and socially responsible success.
- The Committee of 200 is an invitation only membership organization of the world’s most successful women entrepreneurs and corporate leaders
- C200’s more than 400 members represent over 100 industries in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Canada and Latin America
- C200 members employ more than 2.5 million people
- C200 members generate more than $200 billion in annual revenues
- Annually we give hundreds of thousands of dollars to young women around the world in scholarships, through our university reachouts, encouraging them to be ethical and successful business leaders – and now in 2012 we are extending our reachouts to High Schools. Our young scholars belong to the C200 Scholar network, monitored and supported by C200 as they learn to ‘pay it forward’ to other young women in the future.
- C200 is an invitation only membership organization of the world’s most successful women entrepreneurs and corporate leaders.
- C200’s 400+ members represent more than 100 industries in the North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
- 59% of C200 members who are active in business are entrepreneurs; 41% are corporate executives.
- 65% of C200’s entrepreneurial members were founders or co-founders of their businesses.
- C200 members collectively employ more that 2.5 million people.
- C200 members collectively generate more than $200 billion in annual revenues.
- 50% of active C200 members run businesses with revenues in excess of $100 million; 22% of active members represent businesses with revenues in excess of $500 million.
- C200 is the only organization of its kind that provides lifelong membership to all members. Members range in age from early 30’s to early 90’s.
Notable C200 Member Accomplishments Include
The first woman to own a seat on the New York Stock Exchange
The first woman to achieve partner status in a venture capital firm
The first female network television president
The first woman to achieve the rank of Executive Vice President at Kraft Foods
The founder of the first skin care line for African American women
The woman who brought the kiwi fruit to the United States
The first woman to wear pants to the White House
The CEO of the first national magazine to launch a presence on the Internet
The Founder’s of some of the world’s best known brands including The Pampered Chef, Carolee, Liz Lange, Kay Unger, Natori, Build-A-Bear and more
The first woman to represent Texas in the U.S. Senate
Connecting and advancing women for a lifetime of business and socially responsible success is what C200 does and our mission is Success Shared.
Below is photo below of me in my corporate role as Larraine Segil (not my alter ego role as RockinGrandmaMusic) (left to right) with Donna Couch (C200 member formerly with ExxonMobil) and three of our outstanding scholarship winners, Marinela Stack, Lucy Ho and Michelle Perry, and on the right Pamela Coker (C200 member former CEO of Acucorp and member of C200 Executive Committee).