This is such a great tip and it works too! If you are cooking fish and having the windows doors and vents open didn’t take care of the smell – boil white vinegar on the stove for an hour – and ok your house will smell a bit like vinegar but that is a LOT better than smelling like fish!
Here is a great recipe adapted from Cooking Light Comfort Food Recipes:
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- 2 teaspoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 (2-ounce) package salt and vinegar kettle-style potato chips, crushed
- 1/2 cup light ranch dressing
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Arrange fillets on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush 1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise over top of each fillet; sprinkle evenly with salt. Gently press about 2 tablespoons crushed chips evenly on top of each fillet. Cook fish at 400° for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with ranch dressing.
This is really good and easy when cooking with kids!