Now that the summer is officially over – in many parts of the USA it is not actually cold yet! Certainly in California we are still living in a heat wave and a drought. So entertaining outdoors during the day calls for cool food!!
Here is a Cool Food Recipe – enjoy!
Apple Celery Almonds and Watercress Salad
2 Fuji Apples peeled cored and cut into small pieces
- 4 stalks of celery scrapped and cut into small pieces
- 4 cups of baby arugula torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup of Marcona Almonds
- 4 sprigs of watercress leaves torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup of lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together except the olive oil and lemon juice and watercress.
- Whip and combine the oil and juice and sprinkle over when ready to toss and serve
- Sprinkle the watercress over the salad to garnish