Chocoholics beware! This cake could be in your future!
Orange White Chocolate Lava Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons orange flavor
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces white chocolate wafers (one bag), melted
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Generously butter a standard muffin tin. Dust with granulated sugar, and tap out excess. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand-type mixer and with the paddle attachment, cream the half cup butter, half cup sugar, and salt together. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each. Add the orange flavor and zest
- Add the flour and beat until just combined. Drizzle in the melted white chocolate. Divide the batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake just until the tops of the cakes no longer jiggle when the pan is slightly shaken, 8 to 9 minutes. Remove from oven and let the pan stand for three minutes.
- To remove the cakes, place a cutting board over the top of the pan with the cakes. Grasping the edges of the pan and cutting board together, invert the pan, hold the inverted pan atop the cutting board, and drop the pan and cutting board from a height of six to eight inches. The cakes will pop loose onto the cutting board.
Dust with confectioners’ sugar, and serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Orange Marmalade Sauce
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
zest from one large orange
juice from two large oranges
2 to 4 heaping tablespoons of orange marmalade ( we make our own from the gorgeous fruit you see in the above picture taken from our citrus grove
Combine the granulated sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Add the zest and orange juice. Heat and stir until the sauce is thick and bubbly. Remove the sauce from the heat and add the orange marmalade, enough to taste. Let cool.