Nothing better than family and fun in the jacuzzi on Labor day at The Little Farm. And our dog Smokey trained with the children before – she was so great – calm and really smart – we are thinking that we are going to train her to be a service dog. She has the intelligence and loves working hard. Its hard work for me too but so worth it. So much to learn – ringing a bell to get help, becoming a brace to help someone get up, and of course huge obedience for sit, down, stay and so much more. We are just touching the surface but learning a lot – both of us!
Lunch was pot luck – everyone brought something yummy – roast chicken, taco and tortillas with beans, rice, cheese and lettuce, a delicious watermelon tomato feta green onion salad, cupcakes ( DELICIOUS), fruit salad, my home made pumpkin bread, hard boiled quail eggs and chips and salsa. What a feast! Thanks family! And for cleaning up too!
- 1 (4- to 4 1/2-pound) piece watermelon, preferably seedless
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, preferably green or orange heirlooms, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet onion, such as Vidalia, Maui, or Walla Walla, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta
- Cut off and discard the watermelon rind. Cut the watermelon into 1-inch cubes, removing any seeds as needed. Transfer to serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, and mint to the watermelon and toss gently. Add the feta and toss again. Serve immediately.