Trying to create a fun dinner every night is a challenge. So as I opened the fridge and took a look I decided to put a lot of leftovers together – and it really tasted wonderful! Here it is!
- 2 cups -Leftover chicken or turkey – white or dark meat or both – skinned and boned
- 4 cups cooked – Leftover pasta – I had angel hair already cooked
- 4 cups cooked – Frozen ratatouille ( I had cooked extra in the summer) – you could use frozen or fresh vegetables –
- 1 cup of low fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Mix all the ingredients together except the cheese.
- Spread it out in a flat baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese over it.
- Tent a foil tent over the dish so it does not touch the cheese and heat in the oven for 1 hour at 395 degrees.
- Check that the contents of the dish is hot, and then remove the foil, and increase the heat to 425 for another 20 minutes so that the cheese melts and browns slightly.
- Serve with either mashed butternut squash – or just as it is! YUM