Leftovers can make the most creative ( and easiest) meals. We always seem to have some chicken left over from whatever we make for dinner. And I have goat cheese galore in my home – you probably keep some in your cheese drawer too. And being in California, I always have flour tortillas in my fridge ( and corn ones for the family members who are gluten intolerant- I personally prefer the flour ones).
And if you have pickles somewhere in your pantry, or sun dried tomatoes (we make our own) – along with low fat mayo, you are ready to make a quick wrap dinner.
You can use whatever you have left over in the fridge that is protein or vegetable – along with some sort of creamy dressing – mayo or hummus, tahini or dips such as eggplant or edamame dip will work too. This is what I used today for dinner.
Leftover Dinner that is Yummy
- Flour tortillas
- Low fat Mayo
- Leftover chicken that was in ratatouille – removed from the ratatouille ( it was juicy and still had some of the sauce on it which made it even more delicious)
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Slices of pickles
- Chopped lettuce
- Spread the mayo over one side of the tortilla thinly
- Add the chicken cut into small bite sized pieces
- Sprinkle chopped sun dried tomatoes, sliced pickles and shredded lettuce on the tortilla keeping the mixture towards the middle.
- Wrap it and serve with potato chips or corn chips along with cherry tomatoes to pop into your mouth! Below is some of our tomato bounty.