I have been asked so many times for my recipe for Banana bread – and here it is! You will not see this anywhere else because ( and here is the secret) I adapted it from my Zucchini Bread Recipe and it worked! I also left out the traditional walnuts (don’t like nuts in bread) and also the nutmeg which I think has too distinctive a taste for my taste buds!
Little Farm Banana Bread
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, mix sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat until well blended.
- Add banana, applesauce and orange juice; stir well.
- Combine flour with next 5 ingredients.
- Add to banana mixture; stir well
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9in loaf pans.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes; till toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and let cool completely.
You will LOVE this! Of course we use our Little Farm home grown bananas, eggs and orange juice…. that does make a difference but it will still taste great! By the way you can also make these in muffin tins – they make up really well ! In addition, I also add raisins to my banana bread – which you add just before you put the mixture into the pans or muffin holders – optional ( about a cup).