Are you looking for great Hannukah or Xmas presents? Or even Thanksgiving presents? Try a sweatshirt with Sam, The Broken Robot on it – or a Puzzle of The Pretend Family! We now offer CLOTHING And PUZZLES through our site – here is the link!
I just popped a quick and easy meal into the oven. If my grandkids were here, ( they are with their other grandparents this weekend) I know they would have enjoyed cooking it with me. Cooking with kids is the BEST! Makes everything taste better!
Chicken and Thai Fish Sauce with Yams in Sesame Oil with a Great Green Salad
- 4 skinless and boneless Organic Chicken thighs or 2 Thighs and 2 Chicken Breasts ( your preference- our grandkids prefer to eat only breasts; we like thighs)
- 2 Tbsp of Thai Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 Tbsp of Teriyaki sauce
- A dash of Lawry’s Seasoning salt
- 2 cups of Baby Carrots cut into two pieces each
- 3-4 Yams skinned and cut into medium slices
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Soy Sauce
- Marinade the chicken ( cut into bite sized pieces) in the Thai Fish sauce, Lawry’s seasoning salt, 1 tbsp of the olive oil along with the cut up carrots for an hour.
- Turn the oven onto 375 degrees and place the chicken mixture into the oven to bake for one hour.
- In the meantime mix the remaining olive oil, sesame oil and cut up yams and toss to cover then place onto a flat cookie pan and put into the oven along with the chicken.
- Cook both until the yams are soft and slightly browned, and the chicken is cooked and moist.
- Serve with steamed rice and a green salad.
Green Sesame Seed Salad
- Sesame Seeds
- Sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp of Olive oil
- 1 cup of croutons ( I like to make my own by taking day old bread and frying it with a bit of salt or seasoning that you prefer) in olive oil.\)
- Greens ( your choice)
- Juice of half a mayer lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Toss the sesame seeds in the sesame oil for a few moments then add to a frying pan and heat gently for a few moments. Be careful as they will burn fast! Before that happens – take off the mixture, and reserve the sesame seeds.
- Plate each salad ( this makes enough for 4) and then add the croutons to the greens.
- Whisk the juice of half a lemon with 4 tablespoons of olive oil and drizzle over greens and croutons and then sprinkle the sesame seeds over each plate of salad.
- Serve as a side dish with the chicken, carrots and rice.