If you are a chocoholic you will LOVE these cakes. Their name says it all –
Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rich dark cocoa
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Generously butter a standard muffin tin. Dust with granulated sugar, and tap out excess. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand-type mixer and with the paddle attachment, cream the one cup butter, one cup sugar, and salt together. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each.
- Add the flour and cocoa and beat until just combined. Divide the batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake just until the tops of the cakes no longer jiggle when the pan is slightly shaken, 8 to 9 minutes. Remove from oven and let the pan stand for three minutes.
- To remove the cakes, place a cutting board over the top of the pan with the cakes. Grasping the edges of the pan and cutting board together, invert the pan, hold the inverted pan atop the cutting board, and drop the pan and cutting board from a height of six to eight inches. The cakes will pop loose onto the cutting board.
Dust with confectioners’ sugar, and serve with ice cream or whipped cream.