My dear friend and social media guru Fay Feeney wrote a great article and gave me a platform to mention some governance views in it. Thank you Fay!
Here it is – do pass it on if there are Board of Director topics in it that interest you – one of the most enjoyable non-profit positions that I hold, is as a member of the Board of the National Association of Corporate Directors for the Southern California Region ( including Nevada, Orange County, San Diego and Santa Barbara). Since I chair the Nominating and Governance committee, this role allows me to put thoughtful evaluation into considering substantive additions to our board – and we have just nominated and voted on two new members. Both are women of accomplishment from Los Angeles and Nevada – and we are thrilled to have them join our group. They will be mentioned in our next newsletter.
And in case you were pining for a recipe or two – keeping balance in my life is key at this time – here is a favorite one for summer parties and a good one to make with children. We grow many different kinds of berries – blackberries, blueberries and my very favorite, mulberries – which we grew in my home in South Africa as a child – and I used to keep silkworms who LOVE to eat the mulberry leaves and then spin away and come out as butterflies. The whole process of metamorphosis was magical to me as a little girl – indeed it still is now.
- 2 pie crust
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3 TBSP Cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 cups of fresh mulberries ( you could use strawberries, or blueberries or blackberries -raspberries get mushy)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over mulberries.
- Line pie dish with one pie crust. Pour berry mixture into the crust, and dot with butter. Cut remaining pastry into 1/2 – 3/4 inch wide strips, and make lattice top. Crimp and flute edges.
- Bake pie on lower shelf of oven for about 50 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
EASY PEASY! And SOOO delicious with Haagen Dazs Dulce de Leche ice cream ( DO NOT COUNT CALORIES – ENJOY!!)