I am so honored to be appointed to a new Board – Vanir Construction Management, a global company. And recently I was also delighted to give a keynote at an event titled “The Chief Lawyer and Corporate Board” – speaking about the role of General Counsel as strategic advisor to a board of directors as well as how well women play that role. I also mentioned that when there are 3 or more women on a board, gender becomes a non issue (rather than when there is only one woman or two).
And now for the new recipe – Asparagus Soup – truly divine! Enjoy!
Fresh Asparagus Soup
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place asparagus and onion in a saucepan with 1/2 cup vegetable broth. Bring the broth to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Reserve a few asparagus tips for garnish. Place remaining vegetable mixture in an electric blender and puree until smooth.
- Melt butter in the pan that was used for simmering the asparagus and onions. Stir while sprinkling flour, salt, and pepper into the butter. Do not let the flour brown. Allow the mixture to cook only 2 minutes. Stir in remaining 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth and increase the heat. Continue stirring until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir the vegetable puree and milk into the saucepan. Whisk yogurt into the mixture, followed by lemon juice. Stir until heated through, then ladle into bowls. Garnish with reserved asparagus tips. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese – here it is without the cheese!