Benji is our rescue dog – we have had him for about 6 months now – and he is beloved of the whole family. Ginger is a feral cat – or at least she was – now she and Benji are best of friends – almost look related don’t they with the same coloring? So cute…
Benji LOVES going in the car – so we put a car cover into the back seat and off we go. We have learned not to feed him before so that there are no little accidents – and that way it works out very well.
And finally – a wonderful dessert for all times but especially holidays! Bread and Butter pudding. I had a loaf of Cinnamon Bread left so I used that – here it is in development. YUMMY!
Bread and Butter Pudding Little Farm Style ( A Favorite South African Recipe too)
- 1 loaf of sliced cinnamon bread
- 1 stick of butter ( unsalted best)
- 1 cup of currants
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Butter the slices of cinnamon bread on both sides liberally and place into a greased casserole in which you are going to serve the dessert
- Fill up the casserole with layers. Sprinkle the top with currants
- Whisk the eggs well, add the sugar and the milk and combine well.
- Add slowly to the full casserole until it covers the mixture.
- Put into the fridge for up to 2 days. Best if it about 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake until light brown on the top
- This can be served with Birds Custard or just as it is! Whipped cream is good too!