Salmon is nutritious on many levels – that wonderful omega fish oil, low in calories and tasty too! Wild salmon is best, but farmed salmon is still more nutritious than eating fast food or deep fried options. This recipe is so simple that you can pull the whole meal together in 45 minutes – just the trick during the week when everyone is in a hurry and tired from work or school with lots of homework to get done.
- 2 lbs of raw salmon filet ( for 6 people )
- 1/2 cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 Cup of Mixed fresh or dried herbs ( I used basil, thyme, Italian parsley and sage – and below is a picture of our grandson helping me pick the herbs from our Little Farm)
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 395 degrees
- Drizzle some olive oil in a baking pan which has sides
- Place the salmon lightly seasoned into the pan
- Chop the mixed herbs and sprinkle them over the top of the salmon filet
- Then sprinkle the bread crumbs over the salmon covering all of one side
- Drizzle the olive oil over the breadcrumbed herbed salmon
- Cook for 10 minutes at 395 degrees then increase the heat to broil and broil the salmon carefully until the breadcrumbs brown – depending on your oven it could be another 10 minutes or less. The fish should be cooked through but not dry – some prefer the fish rare inside – we don’t – but if you do – cook it for less time at 395 degrees and less time under the broiler too.
- Serve with a green salad and steamed rice.