Losing weight means watching calorie intake and exercising daily – in moderation. Here is a recipe – boring but pretty good. I can take it for about three days and then I am done! Enjoy!
Cabbage Fat-Burning Soup
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 large head cabbage, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 2 quarts tomato juice
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 10 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth ( you can use vegetable broth if you prefer to make this vegan, or chicken broth if you prefer the taste to beef broth)
Place carrots, onions, tomatoes, cabbage, green beans, peppers, and celery in a large pot. Add onion soup mix, tomato juice, beef broth, and enough water to cover vegetables. Simmer until vegetables are tender. May be stored in the refrigerator for several days.
Additions and Tips:
- I do add grated parmesan cheese ( it is pretty low calorie if you use only 4 tbsp) which makes it tastier. Remember to NEVER buy the grated canned stuff in the market – but buy it whole and grate it yourself. There have been rumors ( not sure if true but why take the chance?) of the canned grated stuff containing saw dust! YUCK! We prefer to grow what we can and use real food as opposed to processed food – sometimes with cheese ( since we make our own) I try to find cheese that has been made in a wholesome way – aging it but not processing it.
- I also add semi hard boiled eggs – ( peeled of course) and that adds protein and is truly delicious!