Large scallops are delicious – whether in a salad or as a main course. Pair them with pine nuts, couscous and grapefruit or orange slices with a light lemony olive oil dressing and you have a dish fit for queens! ( Kings, Prince’s and Princesses too!) The recipe comes from Chef John Angelopulos in Los Angeles – and it is my favorite. Thank you John!
Scallop Citrus Salad ( per person)
- Three large scallops
- 1/2 cup of Israeli Couscous ( cooked)
- 1/4 cup of peeled pitted slices of grapefruit or orange
- 2 Tbsp of pine nuts – roasted slightly
- 1 cup Mixed Greens
- 6 black seedless grapes, halved
- 2 Tbsp of Meyer Lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp of Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chopped Italian Parsley for garnish
- Saute the scallops until slightly browned on each side in a very hot pan – do not over cook.
- Place on a rectangular plate
- Mix the salad greens with the cooked couscous, grapes, pine nuts, dressing ( combined lemon juice and olive oil and seasonings) reserving some dressing to drizzle over the scallops.
- Arrange artfully with the citrus on the plate and serve!