I just threw together a yummy dinner for my husband – here is the recipe ! Enjoy!
Shrimp and Basil Pesto
- Enough shrimp for 2 people ( frozen)
- 2 large tablespoons ( overflowing) of Basil Pesto ( Costco has a great one all ready to use!)
- olive oil to taste
- Garlic ( to taste – we like a lot so put in one tablespoon of minced garllic)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steamed rice( use a rice cooker and follow instructions!)
- Run the frozen shrimp under cold water for about 5 minutes until fully thawed. Drain well in a colander
- Heat the oil in a skillet
- Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes
- Saute the shrimp two minutes on each side
- Add the pesto
- Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over the steamed rice and remember to pour of that delicious pesto sauce
- Enjoy with sliced tomatoes or a green salad with lemon olive oil dressing.