Above is one of my favorite places to eat at our Little Farm – it’s just outside the main house kitchn – and under the shade of an amazing Chinese Oak tree. We eat here summer and winter ( its California so we can) and tonight we had this fabulous fast meal below, that I made in a jiffy.
I know YOU know that I love my slow cooker. By the way, did I tell you I never put it away? It’s on my kitchen counter all year round since I believe it’s the most useful tool I have!
So I was rushing today – and had literally 10 minutes to make dinner before I left – I knew I would be so tired on my return home and not in the mood to cook – so I threw this all into the slow cooker on my way out of the door, and when I came home 8 hours later – it was divine and ready!
FAST Chicken Dinner
- 4 (6-ounce) chicken breast halves, skinned
- 2 Tbspoons of torn fresh basil leaves ( or you can use 2 tsp of dried basil)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- Basil sprigs for serving
- Throw everything into your slow cooker as you are running out of the door, and turn to slow heat for about 8 hours – you are DONE!
- Serve with rice that you put into the rice cooker as you come home and while you are showering or changing your clothes into your ‘hanging around the house ‘ wear – the rice will cook and your dinner will be ready!
- If you feel like salad – you can toss some Ready Pac lettuce spring blend into a bowl with cherry tomatoes, add some olive oil, lemon juice and parmesan cheese and dinner is ready! ENJOY!