Step by Step: How to Make Stuffed Pancakes
- Prepare the pancake batter from your favorite recipe or mix. It works best if the batter is a little thin.
- Preheat a skillet or griddle by melting a little butter over medium heat. To assure that your pancakes cook all the way through, you’ll want the heat a little lower than for other pancakes.
- Pour an evenly round circle of pancake batter on the skillet.
- Let it cook until little bubbles form, then pop, and the indentations stay on the batter.
- Spoon a small amount of pastry filling or jam on half of the pancake, making sure not to get too close to the edges and not to overfill it. A little goes a long way and it will press and spread as you fold over the pancake.
- Fold the uncooked pancake over the filling. The edge of raw batter on the top half should touch the raw batter edge on the other when folded. It will continue to cook and seal itself on the griddle.
- Put on a lid over the pancake to help it cook through. Flip as needed to keep the browning even. Let it cook until all the batter looks cooked through.
- To serve, dust the pancake with powdered sugar, pour on a little fruit pancake syrup, and top them with whipped cream.