I love sweet potatoes. A lot. And this recipe is a favorite at holiday times – it is not low calorie but can be made with less calories if using fat free milk. Give it a try and let me know if you like it!
- 4 sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted ( fry them on medium heat in some olive oil spray – watch them carefully since they have a tendency to burn!)
1. Pierce each potato with a fork 3 to 4 times on each side. Wrap each potato in a damp paper towel. Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes, turning after 4 minutes. Cool slightly. Cut potatoes in half; scoop pulp into a bowl. Mash pulp.
2. Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook 3 minutes or until browned. Stir butter, milk, and salt into potato pulp. Top with pecans.