So relieved that the election is over – now to focus on some really great recipes!
I was longing for some lamb stew – so I took pieces of lamb already cut into bite sizes, and made a really delicious mixture in my slow cooker – and voila – the next morning it was ready to go! Truly delicious – enjoy!
- 2 lbs of stew lamb cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large red onion sliced
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 large can of roasted tomatoes in juice
- 1 large can of white pinto beans
- I can of kidney beans
- 1 pint of water or vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp of paprika
- 2 Tbsp of curry powder
- Lemon pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Saute the onions until translucent in the olive oil. Remove and put into the slow cooker which is on high
- Saute the lamb in the same pan until browned on all sides.
- Add the contents of a large can of roasted tomatoes in sauce to the pan and mix well scraping all the pieces off the pan into the mixture.
- Remove all and put into the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients
- Turn the slow cooker onto low if at night before you turn in – or onto high if you are cooking in the afternoon and want the dish for dinner.
- I like to do this dish at night – then turn it off the next morning or onto warm – and it will be ready for dinner when you come home from work!
- Serve with basmati rice ( throw that into the rice cooker and it will be ready when you are – brown rice works well too!)
- Add a green salad with cherry tomatoes and a light lemon juice and olive oil dressing.
- I like to add chutney ( Mrs. Balls Mango chutney is a family favorite!)