This is a steak marinade that we use all the time – it is truly delicious. And sooooo simple. Put on your rockin’ grandma music and enjoy! Dancing in my room is terrific fun!
Ingredients ( for four servings)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large onions sliced thickly
- 1 pound any steak, trimmed and cut into 4 pieces – we use ribeyes, filet mignon or skirt steak or even New York Steak
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add steak, turning to coat; seal and marinate at room temperature for a minimum of one hour, but overnight works too, turning a couple of times. Remove steak from bag; discard marinade but keep the onions for cooking on the grill next to the steaks.
2. Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat or your bbq. Coat pan with cooking spray.
3. Put the onions on first – they take a bit longer than the steaks if you like your meat rare or medium rare.
4. Sprinkle both sides of steak with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add steak to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from pan; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Tent with foil; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices or serve one steak per person.
5. Serve with fresh corn and a side dish of vine ripened sliced tomatoes drizzled with olive oil! YUM!