Background: The big challenge here will be to prevent yourself from eating all of these before your company arrives! They are that good.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 11 minutes
2 1/4 cups of All Purpose Flour
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of butter softened
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 6 ounce packet of Toffee Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients except the toffee chips in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed scraping bowl often for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in toffee chips
- Use two teaspoons – one to fill with the mixture and the other to scrape it off onto an ungreased cookie sheet in balls.
- I put my thumb into the center of each ball – it looks good when it’s baked. Or you can take a fork and make a little pattern on the top of the ball but don’t push too hard – keep it rather thick.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until the edges are very lightly browned. DONT OVER COOK!
- It makes about 48 cookies depending on how large the teaspoon balls are that you make – and of course how much of the mixture you have already eaten!!
- EXTRA TIP: You could exchange BROWN sugar for the white sugar – it will make the cookies darker – more caramelized – and very delicious.