This was sooo easy – the grandkids could have cooked it. So next time I will make it with them! It needed some more kick – so I added a bit to it – you may wish to put some hot sauce on yours – but the flavor was yummy. And the ease of cooking made up for the mild taste!
- 1 organic chicken
- 3 Meyer lemons
- 4 Tbsp of Olive oil
- 1/4 lb of Butter
- Fresh chopped garlic
- Fresh Rosemary – chopped
- Lemon Pepper
- Mix butter lemon pepper rosemary garlic and zest of the three lemons along with the juice of half a lemon together.
- Slide your fingers under the skin of the chicken and push the mixture under the skin wherever you can
- Season the outside of the chicken with lemon pepper
- Squeeze the remaining juice of the lemons into the slow cooker.
- Put what remains of the three lemons into the cavity of the chicken along with a few tablespoons of the butter/garlic/chopped rosemary mixture.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and drizzle the olive oil over it
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or until the chicken is falling off the bone ( I didn’t have 8 hours so I put it into the slow cooker for two and then into the oven in the same cooking casserole for another 1.25 hours at 395 degrees – delicious!
- Serve with basmati rice fried with yellow tomatoes and olive oil and a nice green salad