I am definitely in love with my slow cooker – it makes the house smell divine, is so easy and labor free – and just sits there all day doing its work without my having to supervise, worry or get involved. Now what could be better than that!
Try out this great and easy recipe – and let me know how you like it! Of course put on some music to make the preparation fly by. Try The Sleepy Song since after making this you will have time for a nap! ( YEAH Right…..) Below are Jack and Jonah in their soccer uniforms – hugging and Jack is pulling his ‘photo’ face. They are why I love to cook!
The kids can help you do all of this – let them cut the breasts (holding your hand as I have spoken about in my blog before), they will love mixing all the other ingredients and pouring it over the chicken in the slow cooker, and they can turn it on too! Who knows maybe one day they will make YOU dinner!
- 6 Boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts cut in half ( we only use organic)
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup of wine ( any leftover wine is good – white is better if you have it)
- Two sprigs of chopped rosemary (remember you can grow rosemary very easily indoors in a small pot in your kitchen or in a small space on a patio in a pot or in your garden and it gives a lovely blue flower once a year in summer as an added bonus!)
- 1 sprig of chopped tarragon or 1/4 tsp of dried tarragon
- I can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 Tbsp of worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms – any kind just be sure you wash them well
- 1 tsp of Garlic Salt or to taste
- Rice ( basmati) in a slow cooker – and raisins optional
- Place the chicken pieces in a slow cooker.
- Mix all ingredients and heat stirring until smooth.
- Pour over the chicken in the cooker,
- Turn the heat to low to cook for 8-10 hours or high to cook for 6 hours.
- Serve with rice in a rice cooker ( the easiest way to make rice and it stays hot that way). I like to add raisins to my rice – but that is optional
Enjoy – now what could be easier than this?