We love whitefish – and its so easy to make and has a clean feeling about it. This is just about the quickest meal I can make that is elegant and healthy. Cooking the potatoes in the microwave helps a lot – I actually used left over baked potatoes from the day before, and some tomatoes and peppers from our Little Farm of course, to throw this together.
1.5 pounds of Whitefish center cut
4 Yukon potatoes cooked in microwave
3 peppers sliced and cleaned
One onion chopped
1 tbsp of Marjoram fresh or dried
1 tbsp of Basil chopped fresh or dried
2 tbsp Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp of butter
1/4 cup of green peas fresh or frozen
Juice of half a lemon, and lemon slices for serving
1 cup of chopped red and yellow tomatoes – cherry tomatoes are best but any will do
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
1. Chop and slice all vegetable ingredients while potatoes, cut into quarters. are cooking in microwave ( about 5 minutes)
2. Saute the onion until translucent in half of the olive oil.
3. Add the sliced and diced peppers and tomatoes, and cooked potatoes
3. Add the herbs, marjoram and basil and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Mix all the ingredients and add the green peas last. Heat and let all the tastes merge together nicely.
5. In the meantime, heat a non stick frying pan with the rest of the olive oil and butter, and when bubbling, but not brown, add the fish cut into serving sized pieces (4). 6. 7. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the fish and let the fish cook for about 3 minutes on the one side until it begins to brown, then carefully flip it over and cook another 3 minutes on the other side.
8. Serve in a pretty platter, and arrange the vegetable mixture on each side of the fish pieces and add lemon slices on each plate if desired.