Holiday cooking is so much fun. Here all four of our grandsons are helping me make brown butter cookies. YUMMY!
And of course, the recipe for you! Enjoy!
Brown Butter Cookies
- 1 cup Organic Valley Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Cook until butter is browned but not burned, stirring constantly, 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl, making sure to add any browned bits from saucepan.
- Add sugar a little at a time, stirring well with a wooden spoon. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add in a little at a time, mixing well with each addition.
- For each cookie, roll about 2 teaspoons dough into a ball. Place one inch apart on cookie sheet(s) lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 14 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown on bottom and slightly cracked on top. Cool cookies completely on wire rack. Cookies will be delicate.
- They may be dusted with powdered sugar just before serving.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Since my grandsons did both the mixing, adding and rolling of the batter into cookie balls, there was a lot of tasting and the balls were not even in nature ( ie all different sizes) and we made a lot of mess. Fortunately NONE Of that matters since a grand time was had by all!