This is a great low calorie soup – it fills me up and I love it! You will too!
· 1/2 small onion, quartered
· 2 cloves garlic
· 3 medium zucchini, skin on cut in large chunks
· 32 oz Better than Bouillon chicken broth (or vegetable broth for vegetarian)
· 2 tbsp reduced fat sour cream or non-fat yogurt plain ( better – lower cals)
· kosher salt and black pepper to taste
· fresh grated parmesan cheese if desired for topping (optional)
1. Combine chicken broth, onion, garlic and zucchini in a large pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and purée with an immersion blender, add the sour cream and purée again until smooth.
2.Taste for salt and pepper and adjust to taste. Serve hot. Only 60 calories a cup! If you add parmesan on top – its about 100 calories more ( two Tbsp)