We have lots of mangoes growing in our farm – and with the recent storms we found 6 of them on the ground in the mud. We washed them off, peeled and cut them and VOILA! MANGO CHUTNEY! Here is a wonderful recipe – using our Little Farm Honey and Tangerine zest too – but of course all the ingredients can also be bought.
Little Farm Mango Chutney
- § 2 cups sugar
- § 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- § 6 cups mangoes (4 to 5), peeled and cut in 3/4-inch pieces
- § 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- § 1/2 cup golden raisins
- § 1/4 cup of crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- § 1 garlic clove, minced
- § 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, whole
- § 1/4 teaspoon Max’s special seasoning
- § 2 Tbsp of honey
- § 2 Tbsp of chopped Tangerine zest
1 Combine sugar and vinegar in a 6 quart pot; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
2 Add remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, until syrupy and slightly thickened, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Stir occasionally during cooking. Pour into ball jars that have been sterilized in your dishwasher.
IT’S THAT EASY!