Summers are wonderful in California – actually any time of year is great! And here is a super summer salad – no need to cook – light and easy to make – enjoy! Also a great picture of my son and I and then another one of our immediate family looking happy and healthy!
RAW ZUCCHINI SALAD
- · 1 pound medium or small zucchini, preferably a mix of green and yellow
- · Salt to taste
- · 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- · 1 garlic clove, crushed
- · 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- · 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley, mint, chives, dill or a combination
1. Slice the squash as thinly as you can. Sprinkle with salt, preferably kosher salt, and let sit for 15 to 30 minutes. Rinse and drain on paper towels.
2. Mix together the lemon juice, garlic and olive oil. Toss with the zucchini. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for four to six hours.
3. Remove from the refrigerator, and remove the garlic clove. Add the fresh herbs, and toss together. Taste, adjust seasoning and serve.